Sendas Altas – Operadores en Turismo SRL
Booking Terms & Conditions
Sendas Altas legally operates under Bolivian Law, represented by Tomas Sivila and located in Calle Ecuador Nº2269, Sopocachi, La Paz, Bolivia and with commercial registration No: 00117434. Sendas Altas operates all of La Paz on Foot’s program and agrees to the following terms and conditions with its clients; it is essential that you carefully read and understand them.
The Booking Terms & Conditions presented here constitute a legally binding contract between Sendas Altas | La Paz on Foot and you and all travelers in your group for the services provided by Sendas Altas and set out the basis of your legal relationship with us.
By booking with us you acknowledge that you have read and understood them and that you agree to be bound by these Booking Terms & Conditions. If you have any queries regarding these Conditions or do not understand them, please raise your query via an email to email@example.com.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) PRICES AND VALIDITY. Unless otherwise requested or specified, prices posted on the website or calculated for your custom request are on twin share basis, and based on costs and exchange rates applicable when released on the website. While we will do everything within our control not to change prices and will generally only amend prices in the event of marked fluctuations in exchange rates, fuel costs, inflation and other operating costs on which prices are based, Sendas Altas reserves the right to adjust prices whether or not you have already made full payment. Any changes in price will be explained clearly to you as soon as they are made. International airfares, passport and visa fees, travel insurance, excess baggage charges, airport taxes, gratuities to leaders and guides, extra meals, laundry, extra & alcoholic drinks, medical expenses, optional activities and trips, and other items of a personal nature are not included in your trip price.
2) YOUR TRIP AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK. Sendas Altas operates trips in regions where standards of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, medical facilities and other services and infrastructure could be basic. By booking with us you acknowledge that participation in all Sendas Altas trips involves inherent risks. These risks include, without limitation, the possibility of injury or death, psychological trauma, disease, loss or damage to property, inconvenience and discomfort. The possibility of experiencing all or some of these risks is likely to be higher if participation in a Sendas Altas involves visiting remote regions.
It is your responsibility to accustom yourself with the travel advice provided by Sendas Altas, your country of residency, as well as from other sources, before commencing the trip. By booking with Sendas Altas you acknowledge your decision to travel on a Sendas Altas trip is made after due consideration of relevant travel information that may be made available at any time. Please direct and questions or concerns about safety and other risks to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. Except where stated otherwise, Sendas Altas acts as an agent for service providers when making arrangements for your trip. Where Sendas Altas provides services it will do so with due care and skill. Sendas Altas assumes responsibility for the negligence and other errors committed by its own personnel and equipment (e.g. loss or damage to your personal items incurred while under our care during a trip or an injury sustained due to poorly maintained equipment), however we do not assume responsibility for the negligence and other errors committed by our partners and sub-operators (tour organizers sub-contracted by Sendas Altas to provide services within your trip). We do not assume responsibility for airlines and accommodation providers or for any loss, damage, death, injury or expense (including loss of money paid in advance), which you may incur as a consequence of the acts and omissions of others.
Sendas Altas will not accept responsibility or liability if you contravene any law or regulation of any country or region visited. Any independent arrangements that you make that are not part of the Sendas Altas trip (including pre- and post accommodation) are entirely at your own risk and Sendas Altas cannot and does not give you any assurance, representation or warranty in connection with any such arrangements.
Unless causality is clearly attributable to negligent errors committed by our personnel and equipment, to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to the exception set out below, you also agree to release Sendas Altas and its officers, employees, agents and representatives (Representatives) from all costs, liability, loss and damage incurred by you in connection with your participation in any trip, and waive any associated claims that you may have against Sendas Altas or its Representatives as a result of your participation in any trip.
4) CANCELLATION BY SENDAS ALTAS. Sendas Altas reserves the right to cancel a departure and will advise you of such cancellations as many days as possible prior to the tour departure date. If due to Force Majeure or government travel advice, Sendas Altas reserves the right to cancel a departure at any time. With any form of cancellation, Sendas Altas will offer you alternative arrangements, and if the price of your alternative booking is of lower value than the original booking we will refund the difference to you.
If you do not accept alternative arrangements we will refund all payments you have made to Sendas Altas, in case of Force Majeure or government travel advice refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. Sendas Altas will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by you. Sendas Altas will not be liable for any delay in, change to or cancellation of trips due to Force Majeure. Force Majeure means a circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Sendas Altas and includes, but is not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, disease, adverse or extreme weather conditions, fire and strikes.
5) CANCELLATION BY YOU. If you wish to cancel all or any part of your booking, notification of cancellation must be made to Sendas Altas in writing via email. The date of the cancellation is the date on which written notification is received by Sendas Altas. Days before departure charges are applicable as follows, per person:
- Between 45 and 30 days: loss of 50% of total booking cost
- Between 29 and 1 days prior to departure: loss of 100% of total booking cost.
- Cancellation fees for local air tickets issued by or on behalf of Sendas Altas will apply as determined by Airline Tariff Regulations, and may vary as to the type of ticket issued.
Depending on the reason for your cancellation, these charges may be recoverable under any insurance policy you purchased. If you do not pay the balance of your total booking cost at least 30 days prior to departure, your booking may be terminated and you may lose your deposit. Additional Sendas Altas cancellation penalties may apply. No refunds will be made if you leave a trip for any reason after the trip has begun. No refunds will be made for any accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals or services not utilized.
6) CHANGES TO YOUR TRIP. You acknowledge that traveling with Sendas Altas requires a degree of flexibility, patience and an understanding that the itinerary, accommodation, and/or modes of transport may change, even after a tour’s commencement, without prior notice due to local circumstances. Changes may occur because of Force Majeure, poor road conditions, weather, the availability of tickets, vehicle breakdowns, changes in transport schedules, or other circumstances beyond Sendas Altas control or which simply cannot be foreseen.
Sendas Altas does not accept any responsibility for loss of enjoyment, delays or compensation resulting from circumstances beyond Sendas Altas control. Unless you have requested a private trip service, you acknowledge that group sizes may also vary during the duration of your tour.
The information about trips given on our website or a personalized quotation are subject to change. It is your responsibility to review the up-to-date Trip Itinerary and Travel Information. The information and conditions in the Trip Itinerary and Travel Information are deemed to be part of the contract. Where changes to your trip occur after you have received your final documentation we will advise you of such changes.
8) AUTHORITY OF THE LEADER. At all times the decision of the Sendas Altas guide, trip leader or representative will be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the trip. This includes any decision that the Sendas Altas leader makes about your on-going participation in the trip or certain activities that comprise part of the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a Sendas Altas/La Paz on Foot, or interfere with the well-being of the group, then the Sendas Altas reserves the right to terminate this contract and order you to leave the tour immediately, with no right of refund.
9) COMPLAINTS. If you have any complaint about your trip, you must make it known at the earliest opportunity to the guide, trip leader and/or Sendas Altas local representative, who will normally be able to take appropriate action. If at the end of the trip you feel your complaint has not been properly dealt with you must notify us in writing within 30 days of the end of your trip.
10) TRAVEL INSURANCE. Adequate and valid travel insurance is compulsory for all Sendas Altas clients. If you need travel insurance, please request coverage from us by sending an email to us at email@example.com. We can provide basic accident insurance from a local provider in the city of La Paz at an additional cost. At a minimum, your travel insurance must cover accidents, injury, illness and death medical expenses, including any related to pre-existing medical conditions. Your coverage should also include emergency repatriation (including helicopter rescue and air ambulance where applicable) and personal liability. You must carry proof of insurance with you and produce it if reasonably requested by Sendas Altas’s employees or suppliers. Sendas Altas reserves the right to cancel or suspend your participation on a trip or in certain activities that comprise part of a trip, at any time, including after the commencement of your tour, with no right of refund, if you are unable to provide proof of insurance when requested.
11) PASSPORT AND VISAS. It is your responsibility that you carry a valid passport and have obtained the appropriate visas when traveling with Sendas Altas. Please ensure that your passport is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of your holiday.
12) HEALTH, FITNESS AND AGE LIMITS. It is your responsibility to advise Sendas Altas of any pre-existing medical condition and/or disability that might reasonably be expected to increase the risk of you requiring medical attention, or that might affect the normal conduct of a tour and the enjoyment of other trip members taking into account the altitude in La Paz and its surroundings, and other Central Andean cities. You may be required to provide an assessment of your medical condition from a qualified medical practitioner if requested by Sendas Altas or our suppliers. Sendas Altas reserves the right, at its reasonable discretion, to cancel your booking and refund the money paid by you, less any unrecoverable costs. Sendas Altas also reserves the right to cancel your participation in a trip at any time, including after the commencement of your trip, with no right of refund if your medical condition and/or disability could be reasonably expected to affect the normal conduct of the trip and the enjoyment of other trip members. For further information please contact Sendas Altas.
13) PUBLICITY. You agree that Sendas Altas may use images of you taken during the trip without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium it chooses, respecting the right to privacy if you do not agree.
14) PRIVACY. In order to be able to provide a service to you, Sendas Altas may need to collect certain information from you, some of which may be of a personal nature. The information may be disclosed to, or collected on our behalf by our service providers to enable the services to be provided, but will not be used by them for any other purpose.
15) GOVERNING LAW. This agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of Bolivia and each party agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of La Paz, Bolivia as regards any claim or matter arising under this agreement.